Step daughter addicted to meth refuses to complete CPS program to restore custody of her 3 year old son

by Exhausted
(Columbus ohio)

Stepdaughter and boyfriend were arrested with our 3 year old grandson being in the freezing car with meth. She has been in and out of jail several times in less than 2 months. She has had generous offers of help through CPS but refuses to follow the rules. The state will terminate her parental rights if she doesn't comply within a certain time.

My husband and I are caring for the grandson now. The grandson has emotional and behavioral problems related to the situation. We don't want him to be placed for Adoption. We are older and have our own health and money problems. Our lives have been turned upside down.

We dearly love our grandson. We are heartbroken and in a bad situation. Exhausted and praying for the stepdaughter to step up and grow up and be a parent.

Comments for Step daughter addicted to meth refuses to complete CPS program to restore custody of her 3 year old son

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jan 05, 2018
Put the grandson needs & survival first
by: Anonymous

Dear Exhausted (you must be!)

It is better in my opinion if your grandson goes into foster care until your daughter, or if your daughter sorts herself out and completely stops taking meth and seeing people she takes drugs with or buys from.
Meth is such a dangerous drug in terms of damage that can be done to the people the user is around. The potential for child abuse would be greatly increased.
Of course there are emotional issues connected with foster care and/or adoption but the most important issue is the survival of your grandson.

May 06, 2017
We are praying for you...
by: Don Carter

It is sad for your grandson that addiction has torn his mother down to this point! But what a blessing to have grandparents to step in, at least for a while.

Just a couple ideas:

1. Check with local churches for help with the money, food, clothing, etc.

2. Check with local counseling agencies. Some of the publicly-funded ones have grants and programs to provide community support workers if the child is on Medicaid. A community support worker can help you locate services and resources you may not even know about. Other agencies may have programs through United Way or other such charity.

3. If you are a person of faith, ask God to intervene before you do anything else.

Maybe others here have had similar experiences and can offer information, ideas and/or support.

Good Luck and God Bless!

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Enabling Behavior Discussion Forum.

Book Appointment with Don or Angie Carter

Visit Us on Facebook...

Like this Page? Pass it On...