Am I Codependent?
These codependent patterns and characteristics are offered as a tool to
aid in self-evaluation. They may be particularly helpful for people who
think they may be Codependent. Circle the question number for each "yes"
- I have difficulty identifying what I am feeling.
- I minimize, alter or deny how I truly feel.
- I perceive myself as unselfish and dedicated to the well being of others.
Low Self Esteem Patterns:
- I have difficulty making decisions.
- I judge everything I think, say or do harshly, as never "good enough."
- I am embarrassed to receive recognition and praise or gifts.
- I do not ask others to meet my needs or desires.
- I value others' approval of my thinking, feelings and behavior over my own.
- I do not perceive myself as a lovable or worthwhile person.
- I compromise my own values and integrity to avoid rejection or others' anger.
- I am very sensitive to how others are feeling and feel the same.
- I am extremely loyal, remaining in harmful situations too long.
- I value others' opinions and feelings more than my own and am afraid to express differing opinions and feelings of my own.
- I put aside my own interests and hobbies in order to do what others want.
- I accept sex when I want love.
- I believe most other people are incapable of taking care of themselves.
- I attempt to convince others of what they "should" think and how they "truly" feel.
- I become resentful when others will not let me help them.
- I freely offer others advice and directions without being asked.
- I lavish gifts and favors on those I care about.
- I use sex to gain approval and acceptance.
- I have to be "needed" in order to have a relationship with others.
These Patterns and Characteristics of Codependents are
reprinted from the website www.CoDA.org with permission of Co-Dependents
Anonymous, Inc. (CoDA, Inc).
Permission to reprint this material does not mean that CoDA, Inc.
has reviewed or approved the contents of this publication, or that
CoDA, Inc. agrees with the views expressed herein.
Co-Dependents Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women whose
common purpose is to develop healthy relationships and is not affiliated
with any other 12 step program.
Copyright © 1998 Co-Dependents Anonymous, Incorporated and its licensors - All Rights Reserved
Click Here to go from Am I Codependent to the Co-Dependents Anonymous website
Start a Video Conference with Don or Angie
We try to be available for TeleMed calls as often as possible. We are also very busy working with clients so it is not often that we will be available. If you have trouble catching us online for a Free 20 minute video conference, please make an appointment for your consultation above. If we are available, please enter the waiting room below. We will be notified and join you as soon as possible.
(When indicator is Green=Available, Red=Busy)
Or Visit Us on Facebook!