Thawing Toxic Relationships
By Don Carter, MSW, LCSW
Thawing Your Relationships, revised and renamed Thawing Toxic Relationships, is a book about healing and co-creating healthy, functional relationships for those who grew up in a dysfunctional family. If you relate to this website and would like to have a genuinely happy and functional relationship then this book is for you! If you can relate to the Iceberg Model, or help people who can relate, Thawing Toxic Relationships is a "must have". Learning to build healthy relationships is a skill that eludes most people who have been raised in a less-than-nurturing family system.
Growing up in a moderate-to-severely dysfunctional family does not offer the necessary training to co-create a healthy, happy & functional relationship. Just as Thawing Adult/Child Syndrome heals your relationship with yourself; Thawing Toxic Relationships helps you heal your relationships with those who are most important to you! Based upon the idea that "One cannot have a healthy relationship with others until they first develop a healthy relationship with themselves", I highly recommend completing Thawing Adult/Child Syndrome prior to completing Thawing Toxic Relationships.
Buy it From Your Local Amazon Store
Available in Kindle and Paperback Formats
Get All the Books, Audios, and Videos!
Your Choice of 4 eBooks or Printed Books w/Audios/Videos on USB Drive
Allow up to 5 Business Days for Delivery in the USA; Allow 2 to 3 weeks and additional shipping fees for International Orders
Click the Links below for Previews of Thawing Toxic Relationships!
All Books in the Series Include the Iceberg Model (the first 5 Chapters)
- Chapter 1: "What the hell is wrong with you?" (p.4)
Motivation, Dependency Needs, Iceberg Model
- Chapter 2: Anatomy of an Emotional Wound (p.16)
Abandonment, Shame, & Contempt - False Self
- Chapter 3: The Art of Survival (p.28)
External Focus, Impression Management - Invented Self
- Chapter 4: Who am I Really? (p.36)
Imperfect World & Spirituality - True Self
- Chapter 5: Distractions & Dependencies (p.40)
Addictions, Obsessions/Compulsions, and Other Issues
- Workbook Introduction: Separateness & Connectedness (p.46)
Distance & Pursuit; Ego-State Functioning
- From Section 1.1: Core Issues & Relationships Styles (p.49)
Externalizers & Internalizers; Codependents & Counter-Dependents
- From Section 1.2: Exploring Your Developmental Stages (p.54)
Assessing the Development of Psychological Positions & Relationship Styles
- From Section 1.3: Infatuation & Identification vs. True Intimacy (p.65)
Why we Hurt the Ones we Love: Cycles of Abandonment, Shame, and Contempt
- From Section 1.4: Psychological Sweatshirt's (p.72)
Examples of Mixed Messages & Relationship Polarities
- From Section 2.1: Structuring Time & the Three Hungers of the Inner Child (p.76)
Structure Hunger, Stimulus Hunger, & Position Hunger
- From Section 2.3: Games We Play (p.86)
Complimentary & Crossed Transactions
- From Section 2.3: Distorted Perceptions, Payoffs for Playing Games (p.94)
Some Classic Mind Games, Moves, and Payoffs
- From Section 3.3: Are You Living Life in Reaction? (p.110)
Friend or Foe? - Treating Each Other Like an Enemy
- From Section 3.7: Key Relationship Skills (p.119)
Communication & Ego-State Functioning
- From Section 3.7.6: Analyzing Your Transactions (p.127)
Analyzing Communication, Feelings & Emotions
- From Section 3.8: Moving From Survival-Mode to Growth-Mode (p.135)
An Outline for Healing your Relationship
Become a Serenity Cafe' Lifetime Member!
Welcome to the Serenity Cafe Members Login Page. If you have already registered, login below. If you have not set up your account, then just click the button below login form and sign-up today. After registration, you get instant access to start downloading and viewing the member content immediately!
Introducing: Serenity Cafe' Academy!